NEW BUSINESS HOURS – LIMITED ACCESS:
- Monday, to Friday: from 10:30h to 13:00 and from 16:30h to 20:00h
The Municipal Library of la Pobla de Segur is a public service for the information, culture and leisure, open to all t citizens of any age and interests. It is part of Catalonia System of Public Reading.
It started its activity in 1959 as part of the social work of “la Caixa” savings bank. Since January 1997 it is owned and managed by the municipality.
The Library of la Pobla de Segur was remodeled in 2016. The alterations included computerization of the background, renewal of the furniture and addition of computers.
The library is located in the first floor of Av. Catalunya, 2. It has a surface of 176 m2 divided in four areas: Information and general background area, newspapers and magazines area, children area and polyvalent room.
- Information and reference.
- Reading and query in the background.
- Lending of documents (books, magazines, CD, CD-R, DVD). Interlibrary lending. Also lending to institutions (schools, associations…).
- Internet and office IT. In the library you will find three computers with connection in Internet for query, work or study for people over 12 years. In the children space you will find a computer for boys and girls from 3 to 12 years, accompanied of a responsible adult.
We have WIFI, so you can come with your portable computer and with the library card you will be able to connect to the network.
- Activities reading promotion: courses, storytellers, workshops, exhibitions, talks…
- School visits and joint organization of activities.
- Pallars Reader Project .
- Bilbliopiscina (Library in the Swimming Pool). During summer months you can find part of our background to be read in the local swimming pool.