The youth area takes care of:
- Managing the Youth Space located in the Civic Center
- Programming activities and workshops for the youth in the Civic Center
- Participation of the youth
- Supporting the youth associations
- Helping the youngsters through the research of job through the program Youth Guarantee
- Inclusion of the youngsters in all the fields in which the City council works
Besides, la Pobla de Segur also counts with the support of the County Council through the Dinamo Jove, a shared youth technician with different city councils of the region with the aim to work jointly with the youth and social agents of the territory in topics related with youth.
The main work issues are the juvenile emancipation, formation, work and house, health, participation and social inclusion. By now, 4 municipalities take part in the iniciative: la Pobla de Segur, Isona i Conca Dellà, Talarn and Sarroca de Bellera.
Population between 12 and 35 years in la Pobla
It is a room located in the Civic Center where the youngsters can access freely from 12 to 18 years old from Monday to Saturday. There is a ping-pong table, sofas, board games and a TV. The main goal is to turn this space into a point of meeting amongst the youth of the village. Following the needs expressed by the youngsters, we decided that the space should only be a meeting area for them. That’s why that the workshops and other activities for youth take place in other spaces in the Civic Centre. The aim is that they feel the space is theirs and take care of it.